So, since Eddie did last month’s and had his own feature the other week, Joe is taking on the answers for
Can you believe it is December already? I feel like this year has completely flown by.
I’m definitely a sunshine, beach girl so this time of year is tough for me. It helps to have things to look forward to doing.
Here are some things I hope to do before the end of the year or at least before the end of winter.
- Christmas tree lighting in Boston Common
- Ice skating on the Duck Pond
- Dress up for a dinner date or two
- See a show with my mom and sister
- Go to the Museum of Science
- Go skiing, snowboarding or tubing
- Go to the butterfly garden and pretend its summer
- Weekend trip someplace warm(er)
- Weekend trip someplace cozy
- Check out a winter festival
What are some things you want to do this winter? Any ideas for fun things here in New England during the cold weather?
I’ve wanted to host Thanksgiving for a while but haven’t really had the opportunity. So, this year when my dad headed to the Cape with his girlfriend and my mom flew to Florida to be with my grandma, I was excited to start a new tradition with my brother and sister.
I did my best to make the day special for the three of us and went all out with the cooking (my first turkey!) and table setting.
We ate a lot, had fun playing games after dinner and watched holiday movies while stuffing our faces some more with the desserts Leanne brought.
I’m so thankful for the day that we had and hope to have more like it in the future.
Some other things of thankful from the week:
- Movie date with a couple of friends to see Catching Fire at the Lux level which was thankfully tween free!
- Mani/pedi date with another friend who provided me with a very much needed listening ear!
- Loved being included in ‘Twas the Night Before a Bloggy Thanksgiving by Allie at Vita Train for Life!
- Lizzi from Considerings did ThanksGiving it Bloggy Style and gave me a very thoughtful shout-out too!
- Thanks for the Liebster Award from PJ at A Lil’ Hoohaa!
- So fun that I’m stalked by Kay from The Best of Intentions who I stalk right back!
- Dyanne from Backsies Is What There Is Not found out about my love of postcards and sent one my way- loved it!
- Fantastic cashier at Macy’s who gave me the Black Friday deal on Wednesday for some serving dishes!
- Peapod for delivering my Thanksgiving groceries and saving me from the madness of the supermarket!
Can you tell I love exclamation points?!
And Adriana’s 25th birthday giveaway is still going strong!
Any plans for the weekend or are you still just recovering from all the feasting?